If you’re thinking of adopting a child, there are many things to consider. Here are some initial questions you will want to think about in deciding whether you are ready to take the first step in pursuing the adoption of a child:
- Can I provide a child with a secure, nurturing and loving home?
- Can I make a long-term commitment to a child?
- Am I ready to take on the responsibilities of supporting and raising a child?
- Am I willing to participate in a multi-step adoption process?
- Am I ready to welcome a child into my family?
If the answer is yes to all of the above questions, then you are ready to learn more about adoption in Ontario and your role as a potential adoptive parent.