ABA - Applied Behaviour Analysis services

How do I find out if government funded Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-based services are provided in my community?

You can contact an ABA lead agency in your region.

How do I find out if my child is eligible for government-funded Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-based services?

You can contact an ABA lead agency in your region.

Children and youth up to their 18th birthday are eligible for the ABA-based services if they have a confirmed diagnosis of:

  • Autism/Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS) or
  • Asperger's Syndrome.

The diagnosis must come from a qualified professional such as a family doctor, paediatrician, psychiatrist, psychologist or psychological associate.


How do I adopt a child or family member or step-child?

Visit our Frequently Asked Questions on adoption. More details are on the adoption section of this site.

I am adopted and want to find my birth parents. Where can I get information?

Information is available from the Ministry of Community and Social Services.

Child Care

How do I make a child care complaint?

The Ministry of Education is responsible for child care.

When making a complaint, please give as much information as you can. This will make it easier to look into your complaint.

To report a complaint about a licensed child care centre or private-home day care agency, please contact:

Telephone: 1-877-510-5333
Email: childcare_ontario@ontario.ca

To report a complaint about unlicensed child care, please contact:

Telephone: 1-844-516-6263
Email: UCCV@Ontario.ca

I would like to open a day care or child care centre. Where should I start?

The Ministry of Education is responsible for child care.

You can download the Orientation Package for Prospective Child Care Operators as a first step. This package provides information about licensing requirements and guidelines.

Children's Aid Societies

How do I contact a Children's Aid Society?

Here is the contact information for Ontario's Children's Aid Societies.

How do I apply to become a foster parent?

You can contact your local children's aid society directly. Here is more information on foster care.

Who can I speak to about my complaint about a Children's Aid Society?

You have the right to voice your concerns. This is easy to do and the same across the province. Read our brochure online or download the PDF print version.

Employment opportunities

How do I apply for a job with the ministry or the Ontario government?

Job postings are listed on the Ontario Public Service Careers website.

You will need to send your cover letter and résumé directly to the person or office noted in the listing.

Does the ministry have summer jobs for students?

Summer jobs are full-time, temporary positions ranging from 7–16 weeks between May and Labour Day. Applications are generally accepted from February to April and hiring is completed around June.

More information is provided through OPS Summer Employment Opportunities.

Here is more information about programs and online tools to help you build your skills, find a job or start your own business.

Does the ministry have co-op or internship placements?

Information is available from Ontario Youth and New Professionals. The ministry does not maintain a list of available placements.

Ontario Child Benefit and the Canada Tax Benefit

How do I get the Ontario Child Benefit?

You don't need to apply. Learn more about the Ontario Child Benefit here.

Who do I contact if I don't receive my Ontario Child Benefit cheque or need to change my banking information or address?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers the Ontario Child Benefit on behalf of the Government of Ontario.

You can contact the Canada Revenue Agency directly by calling 1-800-959-8281. You can also change your address online at the Canada Revenue Agency website.

How do I get the federal Canada Tax Benefit?

Visit the Canada Revenue Agency website for an application form or call the Canada Revenue Agency toll-free at 1-800-959-8281.

Ontario Early Years Centres

How can I find the Ontario Early Years Centre near me?

Here is a map of Ontario Early Years Centres to help you. The Ministry of Education is responsible for Ontario Early Years Centres.

Reporting child abuse or neglect

How do I report suspected child abuse or neglect?

Please report the information directly to your local Children's Aid Society.

More information on reporting is available on this site.

How do I get printed copies of the ministry brochure Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect: It's Your Duty?

You can review a text or PDF version on this site.

You can request printed copies through the ServiceOntario Publications Contact Centre at 416-326-5300 or 1-800-668-9938. You can also order it online from ServiceOntario Publications.

Printed copies of brochures

How can I get a print copy of a ministry brochure?

You can order print copies of a brochure through ServiceOntario Publications online or call toll-free 1-800-668-9938, or 416-326-5300.

Many brochures are posted on this site for review or download:

Promotion or endorsement by the ministry of non-government products

Will you help me promote my product or service for children and families?

The ministry does not endorse or advertise non-ministry services, products or events.

Services for residents outside of Ontario

I don't live in Ontario and I need support. Can you help me?

Programs and services offered by this ministry are only for residents of the province of Ontario in Canada. Contact officials where you live to find out what services may be available.

Special needs

I have a child with special needs. How do I apply for services from the ministry?

Ministry staff in your area may be able to assist you with your questions about special needs services. Contact your nearest Regional Office.