Families of children with multiple special needs can receive up to seven days of respite per year, provided in a location other than their own home.
Who is eligible for this program?
The child must:
- be under 18 years of age
- have multiple special needs because of a physical or developmental disability
- live at home and need care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
and, without out-of-home respite, there's a real possibility that
- the child would require long-term residential placement
- the child's family is at risk of breakdown, or
- there's a risk that the child could harm himself or others.
How to apply:
Contact the ministry's regional office nearest you.