Special Services at Home

The Special Services at Home program helps families who are caring for a child with a developmental or physical disability. It is funded and managed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.

The program helps families pay for special services in or outside the family home as long as the child is not receiving support from a residential program. For example, the family can hire someone to:

The amount of money a family receives depends on:

Who can get help?

Children with a developmental or physical disability (or their families) can apply for this money if they:

How to apply for your child

  1. Download and complete an application form:
  1. Attach a medical statement or psychological assessment to your application. It should describe the disability and explain why you need the services and how much it will cost.
  2. Mail the completed application form and the medical assessment to your nearest regional office.

More information

Contact the regional office nearest you.